Terms & Conditions
Section 1 - Area of application
1. The following terms and conditions apply to Contracts concluded by the Customer with Weblayout s.r.o. (identification number: 02464497), Radhošťská 2004/5, 13000 Prague, Czech Republic (hereinafter, the “Service Provider”) via the Lingua.com website and associated apps (hereinafter, the “Services”). The use of the Services is governed exclusively by these General Terms and Conditions, unless otherwise contractually agreed in individual cases. Conflicting general terms and conditions of the Customer are expressly rejected.
2. Customers may be consumers or entrepreneurs. Consumers in the sense of the following regulations are any natural persons who conclude a legal transaction for purposes that can predominantly be attributed neither to their commercial nor to their independent professional activity. Entrepreneurs are any natural or legal persons or partnerships with legal capacity who, when concluding a legal transaction, act in the exercise of their independent professional or commercial activity.
Section 2 - Conclusion of the Contract
1. Basic principles
The Service Provider offers foreign language learning services aimed at learners (for example, students) and/or teachers.
During the term of the Contract, the Customer shall receive the simple, non-transferable and locally independent right to use the Services of the Service Provider (including learning materials and features) exclusively for private purposes. Digital distribution or dissemination is not permitted. Publication is not permitted. Commercial use is not permitted.
For teaching purposes, worksheets made available for download in PDF format may be printed out for a maximum of 30 of the Customer’s students or made available in a closed system. Sources, links, and copyright information may not be removed from the worksheets. Audio files may be played in classrooms or as part of individual instruction.
Products explicitly designed for teachers (for example, “Lingua for Teachers”) may contain special conditions with extended usage rights.
2. Free offers
Because we want to make language learning possible and accessible to many, much content and features are available for free of charge for personal use. Some of this content can be accessed without registering. Customers who wish to have access to more content and features can register a basic account. The registration of a basic account is free of charge and no costs will arise from this registration in the future. This account can be deleted at any time by the Customer or via Customer Support.
3. Paid offers
We also offer premium content, for example, additional learning materials and features. This premium content is clearly marked and can only be accessed after registering for a premium membership. To conclude a premium membership, a payment method must be selected when ordering. The premium membership is concluded by ordering and paying the premium fee.
An overview of all products, product details, prices and terms can be found on this page.
Section 3 - Cancellation policy
1. Right to cancel
Customers, who are consumers, have the right to cancel this Contract without giving reasons. The cancellation period is fourteen days from the date of conclusion of the Contract.
As a Customer, to exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us by means of a clear statement (for example, by email or letter sent by mail) about your decision to cancel this Contract. To comply with the cancellation period, it is sufficient that the notification of the exercise of the right to cancel is sent before the expiry of the cancellation period.
The cancellation must be sent to:
2. Consequences of cancellation
If the Customer cancels the Contract, the Service Provider must return to the Customer all payments received from the Customer without undue delay and no later than within fourteen days from the day on which the Service Provider received the notification of the cancellation of this Contract. For this repayment, the Service Provider shall use the same means of payment that was used in the original transaction, unless otherwise agreed with the Customer.
3. Special notes on the right to cancel
If the Contract is fulfilled at the express request of the Customer before the Customer exercises the right to cancel, the right to cancel shall expire prematurely.
Section 4 - Ownership rights
1) Contents of the Service
The content contained in the Services of the Service Provider is subject to copyright protection. The Customer is therefore prohibited from copying, editing, redistributing or making publicly available this content beyond the use granted by the rights holder.
The Service Provider remains the owner of all rights, including copyrights and all other intellectual property rights or technical solutions in and related to the Services. The Customer does not acquire any ownership rights to the Services or to their content by registering or by placing an order.
2) Contents of the Customer
In the event that, in connection with the Services of the Service Provider, Customers transmit or make available content to which they hold copyrights or usage rights, the Service Provider is entitled to use this content for the duration of the service provision to provide the contractually agreed services.
Section 5 - Prices and terms of payment
1. The prices of the Service Provider stated in each case are final prices. All price components and taxes are included in the final price.
2. An overview of payment options can be found on this page. In principle, payment must be made before the Services are provided.
Section 6 - Liability for material defects
The statutory liability for material defects and defects of title shall apply.
Section 7 - Confidentiality and data protection
Section 8 - Miscellaneous
1. The law of the Czech Republic shall apply to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, whereby the statutory provisions on the restriction of the choice of law and on the applicability of mandatory provisions, in particular of the state in which the Customer as a consumer has his/her habitual residence, shall remain unaffected.
2. The place of performance and jurisdiction for all disputes arising from and in connection with the Contract on which these General Terms and Conditions are based shall be the registered office of the Service Provider in the case of Contracts with merchants, legal entities under public law or special funds under public law. This shall also apply if the Customer does not have a general place of jurisdiction in Germany or the EU or if the Customer’s place of residence or habitual abode is unknown at the time the action is brought. This does not affect the right to call upon a court at another statutory place of jurisdiction.
3. Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be invalid, become invalid or be incomplete, the remaining provisions shall remain valid and unchanged.
End of the General Terms and Conditions of Weblayout s.r.o. for Lingua.com
Last update: May 30, 2021